Homemade Lime Cordial Recipe
Why throw juiced limes away when you can use them to make a cordial that’ll take your Gimlet game to the next level? With this easy-to-make lime cordial recipe, you’ll get a chance to also boost your reduce, reuse and recycle habits (see our guide on how to create a sustainable home bar).
What you need
- 3 Limes
- 355ml Hot water
- 150g Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Citric acid
The “traditional”, slow and low method:
- Peel the three limes and cut the peel into pieces. Set to one side.
- Juice the three limes and set to one side.
- Put the sugar in a bowl and stir in the citric acid.
- Put the water in a saucepan, bring it to a boil and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add the lime juice and peel. Stir. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and rest the mix until cool. This should be at least one hour.
- Pour into a container, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the mix using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Pour into a clean bottle, close the lid and refrigerate overnight.
The “I need this yesterday”, fast method:
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for 30-40 seconds.
- Strain (the finer your strainer, the better).
- Bottle and refrigerate.