Ti Punch Recipe
"Traditionally in Martinique, people drink rhum agricole in the national drink - a cocktail called Ti Punch (translation: small punch). This is a very simple mix of rhum agricole, lime, and sugar with no ice. In this recipe, we use Clément Blanc Rhum Agricole which is produced in Martinique."
- Georgi Radev, Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide
What you need
- Clément Blanc Rhum Agricole
- Lime juice
- Sugar syrup
- Ice cubes
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Rocks glass
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Add 50ml rum, 20ml lime juice and 20ml sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice cubes and shake.
- Strain into a Rocks glass over cubed ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge on the rim.
For a romantic serve
Making a Ti Punch for a romantic occasion? Add this hibiscus and mint syrup by @thecocktailsnob_ to your mix.
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Pour boiling water over the tea bags in a mug
- Let steep for 10 minutes
- Remove tea bags and add tea to a small sauce pan on medium heat
- Add sugar and mint to the pan stirring to combine
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down heat and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Strain into a container