Whiskey Sour Recipe
"The key to an excellent whiskey sour? Getting the balance just right. This whiskey sour recipe has all the right proportions of bright, bracing lemon juice; warming, floral bourbon; and sweet simple syrup to deliver a refreshing cocktail that’s neither too cloying nor too biting.
Using freshly squeezed juice is essential — the stuff that comes out of fruit-shaped squeeze bottles doesn’t even compare. If you don't have any lemon on hand, you can swap it out for lime (or a mixture of the two). Serve on the rocks with an orange wheel and a Maraschino cherry arranged neatly on a drink spear (optional but recommended!) and enjoy. Cheers!"
- Chockie Tom, Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide
What you need
- Four Roses Bourbon
- Lemon juice
- Simple syrup
- Peach iced tea
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprig
- Highball glass
- Jigger and bar spoon
- Sustainable straw (for sipping)
- Add ice cubes to a chilled Highball glass.
- Add 50ml Four Roses, 10ml lemon juice and 10ml of simple syrup and give it 10 gentle stirs.
- Slowly top with peach iced tea.
- Stir gently once or twice more and garnish with mint sprig.