Tequila Manhattan Recipe
"A Manhattan with a tequila twist is a great way to start exploring tequila as a new spirit, or enjoy one you already love. Like any great cocktail, the key to making it perfect is temperature, dilution and quality ingredients. I would use a sweet vermouth that’s on the lighter side, like Dolin Rouge, so those delicate tequila flavours aren’t overpowered. A classic sweet Manhattan would normally be garnished with a cherry but this tequila twist would certainly benefit from an orange twist."
- Robyn Evans, Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide
What you need
- Olmeca Altos Añejo
- Dolin Rouge sweet vermouth
- Orange bitters
- Ice cubes
- Coupe glass or Martini glass
- Jigger and bar spoon
- Mixing glass and strainer
- Garnish: Orange peel
- Add 50ml tequila, 20ml vermouth and 2 dashes of orange bitters to the mixing glass.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain into a Coupe, Rocks or Martini glass.
- Pinch orange zest over the top to release the oils, then drop it into the glass.