Tommy's Margarita Recipe
"El Tequileño Blanco goes amazingly well in a Tommy's Margarita. A super refreshing modern take on the classic Margarita, the fruity peppery notes of the tequila really shine here with the zesty lime juice and a touch of agave for balance. It's really important to use fresh limes and juice them when you're ready to make your drink. This makes such a huge difference to the flavour. Lots of ice when shaking is also essential for the right chill, dilution and aeration."
- Robyn Evans, Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide
What you need
- El Tequileño Blanco
- Lime juice
- Agave syrup
- Ice cubes
- Rocks glass
- Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Garnish: Lime wedge or wheel
- Add 50ml El Tequileño Blanco, 25ml lime juice and 15ml agave syrup to a cocktail shaker and dry shake for 30 seconds (dry shaking means shaking without ice).
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Fill your Rocks glass with ice cubes and strain the cocktail into it.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel.