Mezcal Negroni Recipe
"The Mezcal Negroni is a smooth tipple to either start or round out your evening. An easy twist on the much loved Caffe Casoni 1919 Italian classic, the mezcal negroni adds a delightful grassy, peppery note which bounces off the bitter Campari in delicious merriment. Equal measures is key for the balance, and to add a classy touch, look to use a block of ice in your rocks glass to keep this decadent classic from over-diluting."
- Kat Stanley-Whyte, Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide
What you need
- The Lost Explorer Espadín
- Sweet Vermouth
- Large block of ice or plenty of ice cubes
- Rocks glass
- Jigger and bar spoon
- Mixing Glass & Strainer
- Garnish: Orange peel twist
- Add 30ml mezcal, 30ml Campari and 30ml sweet vermouth into the mixing glass
- Add cubed ice
- Stir until well-chilled
- Strain into a rocks glass with a block of ice (cubed if unavailable).
- Garnish with an Orange Twist, and ensure to twist the zest across the top of the cocktail.