Surplus Cobbler Recipe
The Surplus Cobbler cocktail was created by Drinks Distilled Spirits Guide La’Mel Clarke to celebrate our collaboration with award-winning, non-alcoholic spirits brand CROSSIP and Mr Lyan’s east London cocktail bar Seed Library.
Inspired by Seed Library’s seasonal and sustainable approach to cocktail creation, the serve equates to 0.5 units (less than your average cobbler cocktail which tends to be between at least 1-2 units plus).
What you need
- 15ml Crossip Dandy Smoke
- 30ml Cold-Extracted Rare Tea Co. Chinese White Silver Tips Tea
- 15ml Surplus White Wine (If you've got a bottle of white wine that isn’t quite to your taste, this is the perfect way to repurpose it!)
- 10ml El Tequileño Blanco Tequila
- 2.5ml Lemon Juice
- 5ml 2:1 (sugar:water) Gomme Syrup
- Garnish: Butterfly Sorrel
- Decant your white wine into a bowl or large glass and cover with a material that will allow air flow and leave for 1-2 days.
- To create the cold-extracted tea: for every 1g tea, add 100g water. Brew at 70⁰c for 3 mins, strain with a tea strainer and then leave to cool down.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing glass or a cocktail tin and stir quickly for 15 seconds.
- Add more ice and then stir quickly for another 15 seconds. Strain into your rocks glass and add ice. Garnish with butterfly sorrel.